Re: meeting record: 2008-03-06 RDF-in-XHTML TF telecon

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:43:55 -0800
Cc: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org
To: "Christopher St John" <ckstjohn@gmail.com>

On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Christopher St John wrote:

> I'd like to make a plea for a name change.

Chris,

The name is a bit tongue-in-cheek, and I doubt it will stick in the
final document.

Of course, everyone is interested in collaboration. At the same time,
it remains important to outline the differences and what we believe
are advantages of RDFa. After all, we wouldn't have gone ahead with
RDFa if microformats could solve all of our problems :) RDFa is not
simply a competing technology, it's a different approach that we
believe is more powerful because, among other reasons, it cleanly
separates syntax and vocabularies.

That said, we strive to be civil in everything we do and say. We have
no reason or desire to offend anyone.

-Ben