W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > June 2008

Meeting record - Jun 17 2008 SWD telecon

From: Sini, Margherita (KCEW) <Margherita.Sini@fao.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:32:39 +0200
To: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>, SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-id: <BA453B6B6B217B4D95AF12DBA0BFB66903F84B51@hqgiex01.fao.org>

The minutes of yesterday meeting are at
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------
W3C
SWD WG
17 Jun 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log, previous 2008-06-10
Attendees

Present
    Margherita Sini, Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Alistair Miles, Jon Phipps,
Antoine Isaac, Ben Adida, Sean Bechhofer
Regrets
    Daniel Rubin, Vit Novacek, Ed Summers, Guus Schreiber, Elisa Kendall
Chair
    Tom
Scribe
    Margherita Sini

Contents

    * Topics
         1. ADMIN
         2. SKOS
         3. Issue 83
         4. Issues 72, 73, 75
         5. RDFa
         6. RECIPES
    * Summary of Action Items

 

 
ADMIN

next week the last regular conference scheduled

Guus in charge

in summer no teleconferences but wrap-up sessions

to discuss next week

propose to accept meeting of last teleconf

actions on the last minutes fixed

no objections --> accepted
SKOS

<scribe> ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re.
concept co-ordination [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence
w/r/t subclass [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]

<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt dereferencing
[CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]

Antoine: should we have skos ontology .... donwloadable?

ralph?: there is a url to go to

Antoine: owl file should be available

Tom: good to have action to define how different products will be made
available

ralph?: recipes should be enough ?

alistar: ok if there is a link on the pages

ralph: maybe people can be confused by namespaces and other links

tom: owl file should be somewhere....

sean: can i access the owl file from my browser?
... as a user why should i access the owl file?

alistar: users want to download it
... and look it locally
... should be possible to do that

antoine: url should be available with the receipt

tom: maybe people would like to point to the owl file directly
... even to cite it

ralph: if there is the uri to retrieve the owl then we have to tell why is
different from namespace
... is the uri normative, informative,... ?

<Ralph> Margherita: in FAO we redirect the namespace to the OWL file

tom?: the question is the owl file has a uri? and if is persistent ? and why
not make that uri visible for people that wants to refer to it

<JonP> skos owl uri:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080609/skos.rdf

ralph: we haven't decided yes if uri should be persistent ....

<JonP> and that uri returns owl in the browser

ralph: i think that we are realizing that this case we need to address as
deployment group
... we should think about what is our advice...

<Zakim> aliman, you wanted to mention http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/history
and publishing uris

tom: the uri is not a secret so we should write it in the document

<seanb> +1 to Ralph's comments re secrets.

<Ralph> Ralph: the URI is not a secret. What I object to without further
discussion is writing down that URI in a document.

<Tom> aliman, the page looks good

\me (sorry i cannot hear well alistar)

<Antoine> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/vocabs

antoine: what about vocabulary page....

alistar: has generic uris ...
... in the rdf vocab page you have a link

the url redirect to latest version

ralph?: ... there is grey area in the middle between ???

tom: who is maintaining the 2004/02/skos space?

ralph: alistar + others

tom: there is going to be changes
... to skos material so there will be few changes to this web space
... so should be clear to user the new namespace and that the old namespace
will stay there
... we need an action so we can back to this topic
... to decide what is the best reccomandation
... alistar is ok to work on that?

alistar: yes

tom: we need action about linking directly to owl file
... what is best practice

Alistar: suggest to update vocabulary page ...

<Ralph> Tabulator; an RDF browser plugin for FireFox

antoine: ideally would be better that tool could manage ??

tom: let's wrap up

<scribe> ACTION: Alistar to update the history page adding direct link to
latest version of rdf triple [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]

Ralph: refer to history page

<scribe> ACTION: Antoine and Ed to add content to Primer about irreflexivity
[CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]

<Ralph> ACTION: [DONE] Ralph compose intermediate pages for
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of the paths to
the old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace [DONE]
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]

<scribe> ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our
requirements for annotation properties [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]

<scribe> ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of
requirements in light of resolutions [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]

<aliman> ralph, I've reviewed the intermediate skos pages, they look fine to
me.

<Ralph> [Antoine, if you're referring to the difference between "SKOS Simple
Knowledge Organization System Primer" in the title and "SKOS -- Simple
Knowledge Organisation System" in the abstract, that's how it appears in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-primer-20080221/ -- I can change the
intermediate page either way you like :)

<Ralph> ACTION: [DONE] Margherita to liase with primer authors about example
using plain literals and some with datatype literals [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]

<Ralph> Margherita: I don't see a need for translating symbols now

<Ralph> ... I'll have another look and send email later today

<Ralph> 6.5.4. Notations and Preferred Labels

<Ralph> Alistair: I added section 6.5.4 to the SKOS Reference after our
discussion on symbolic labels

<Ralph> ... see the prose before Example 22
Issue 83

Alistar: no objection on the proposal

<seanb> Sean: should make it clear that the properties are not inverses.

tom: propose to resolve issue 83

RESOLUTION: to close Issue 83 as proposed in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008May/0068.html
Issues 72, 73, 75

<scribe> ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to the
list [CONTINUES] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]
RDFa

<scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to draft to draft the RDFa transition request
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]
RECIPES

<scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Alistar to update the history page adding direct link to latest
version of rdf triple [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re.
concept co-ordination [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and
equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to check the old namespace wrt dereferencing
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine and Ed to add content to Primer about irreflexivity
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sean to write a proposal to indicate to OWL WG our
requirements for annotation properties [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Editors of the Use Cases to clean up the lists of
requirements in light of resolutions [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to mail his position on issues 72, 73 and 75 to the
list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-swd-minutes.html#action25]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[DONE] ACTION: Sean and Alistair to send a file for the namespace [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action04]
[DONE] ACTION: Margherita to liase with primer authors about example using
plain literals and some with datatype literals [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]
[DONE] ACTION: Ralph compose intermediate pages for
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec and
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/ to inform readers of the paths to
the old and new SKOS documents [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[DONE] ACTION: Ralph to draft to draft the RDFa transition request [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/06/17 18:08:16 $
Received on Wednesday, 18 June 2008 07:33:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:53 UTC