[SKOS] documentation properties and DC

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:08:41 +0200
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hello (targetting especially these persons on the list who are really
proficient with Dublin Core ;-)

In the Primer we have an exemple that illustrates the use of elements
outside of SKOS to complement description of SKOS concepts:

> The source <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/source> property from
> Dublin Core [DC] <http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#DC> can for
> instance be used to point to a document from which a concept is derived:
> ex:madagascarFishEagle dc:source "Internet bird collection, Apr. 6, 2005"@en.

Discussing with a colleague he was a bit sceptical that dc:source was
appropriate for this usage. Could you confirm that the Primer can stay
with this example, or should we use something else for indicating the
documentary source used as a reference for a concept?

Thanks,

Antoine