Re: SKOS comment: Grouping Concept Schemes

Hi Jakob,

Your comments make much sense to me but : (of course there are BUTs ;-)

I have indeed nothing against introducing a superclass
(ConceptGrouping?) of ConceptScheme and Collection that would be the
domain of "member" (or the range of a renamed "inscheme"). I am however
unconfortable with declaring one as the subclass of the other, since
their logics seems slightly different (CS group concepts to define
vocabularies, Collection group concepts for structuring the content of a
vocabulary)

The problem is also that for the moment inScheme and member have
restriction on their domain and range that may make the thing more
difficult to implement.
E.g. inScheme  is applied to concepts, and member can target collections
(when you have nested collections) while collections and concepts are
disjoint. So the range of the new "member" would be the union of Concept
and ConceptGrouping.

There might be also consequences for ISSUE-83 [4], if you allow for
nested concept schemes (which I think can occur in the context you
introduce in [2])
If you allow for nested concept schemes, then "member" should be
transitive (if a concept C1 is a member of CS1 which is a member of CS2
then C1 is a member of CS2). But this doesn't work for nested
collection, as you rightly put it in [3]: if C1 is a member of Coll1
which is a member of Coll2 then C1 is not a member of Coll2

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/83
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2008Jan/0089.html