W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2008

meeting record: 2008-12-02 SWD WG telecon

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:34:58 +0100
Message-ID: <4936A722.3040100@few.vu.nl>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

The record of today's Semantic Web Deployment Working Group telecon is now available:

http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows.

Antoine


---------------

SWD WG
02 Dec 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log, previous 2008-11-25
Attendees

Present
    Antoine Isaac, Diego Berrueta, Sean Bechhofer, Alistair Miles, Guus Schreiber, Ralph Swick, Tom Baker
Regrets
    Ed Summers
Chair
    Tom
Scribe
    Antoine

Contents

    * Topics
         1. ADMIN
         2. RDFa
         3. Recipes
         4. RDFa metadata note
         5. AOB
         6. SKOS
    * Summary of Action Items

<TomB> scribenick: Antoine
ADMIN

RESOLUTION: to accept minutes of the last telecon http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html

RESOLUTION: next telecon 9 December
RDFa

ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]
Recipes

ACTION: Diego write a proposal to republish Recipes with the httpRange-14 reference corrected and a link to an errata document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action02][DONE]

<berrueta> new editor's draft -> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20081201.html

Diego: changes are
... new companion document
... new change log section
... with respect to the issue that was mentioned
... the obsolete references were replaced

Tom: does the current version refers to the TAG position?
... explicitly?
... it is not clear to me whether the TAG document is intended to be cited like that

Diego: not sure, indeed
... we cite the Cool URIs, we also have reference to email of TAG resolution

Tom: we should have somebody review these changes and report back

Guus: I propose that we consult Ralph

Tom: Ralph, we wanted to ask you advice
... on the process of re-publishing the Recipes
... especially wrt. having the reference to the TAG decision
... and about the process of re-publishing the note (reviews, etc.)

Ralph: I don't have a strong opinion about the citation of the TAG finding
... I suggest that we might use the internal review process we have used in the past

Tom: since the changes are of technical nature
... Ralph would you be willing to review them from that perspective?

Ralph: yes

ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]

<Ralph> Recipes Editor's Draft 01-December

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]
RDFa metadata note

ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of the metadata note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]
AOB

ACTION: Guus to look at OWL documents for review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10] [CONTINUES]
SKOS

ACTION: Guus and Jeremy to give concrete implementation examples of the use of rdfs:label w/ SKOS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-swd-minutes.html#action10]

Sean: do we still require dealing with this issue?
... the draft response has gone out

Tom, Guus: OK

ACTION: Guus and Jeremy to give concrete implementation examples of the use of rdfs:label w/ SKOS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-swd-minutes.html#action10] [DROPPED]

ACTION: Alistair send issue 135 response from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Nov/0104.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]

<aliman> ISSUE-135 response

ACTION: Sean to add rdf:type and rdf:Property assertions to the skos schema [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-swd-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

Tom: SKOS namespace question

Sean: a draft response has been written

<seanb> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0019.html

Sean: Antoine and Alistair are happy with the proposed appendix
... we can send the draft and we're done

PROPOSED: to respond to ISSUE-153 commenter as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0019.html

Guus: I support

RESOLVED to respond to ISSUE-153 commenter as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0019.html

<aliman> for the record, I support this

PROPOSED: to respond to ISSUE-175 commenter as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0018.html

Tom: is there any difference in the text?

Sean: not really
... just in case one says yes and the other says no

RESOLVED to respond to ISSUE-175 commenter as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0018.html

Tom: OWL-DL aspect

Sean: I need to discuss with Guus, I don't think there is a big issue here

ACTION: Guus discuss response to issue 157 with Sean [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

Aliman: are we going to say that we will not make substantive changes?

Guus: yes
... we might have a note indicating what kind of precautions OWL-DL people have to take
... with the annotation property decision we made that should be ok

ACTION: Alistair add an issue for Bernard's comment on mappingRelation and draft a response [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action13] [DONE]

<aliman> new issue for mappingRelation

ACTION: Guus send response for issue 186 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Dec/0010.html

SKOS Primer

ACTION: Antoine propose 1 or 2 SPARQL examples showing named graph usage [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES]

<aliman> antoine: issue closed 160, alistair proposed issue is closed by change to primer...

<aliman> ...this is not recorded anywhere else.

Alistair: we sent a response to Doug
... he answered but asking a modification to Primer

ACTION: Antoine to write something in Primer wrt. ISSUE 160 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action14]

Tom: SKOS open issues

<TomB> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/products/3

Alistair: I assumed that for some issues there would be an agreement
... as we implemented what the commenter proposed

Ralph: it's probably wise to send a response to reviewer
... just saying that we agreed

Tom: ISSUE 130

<Ralph> issue 130 skos:hasTopConcept and skos:topConceptOf

Alistair: we're expecting answer
... how long do we need to wait?
... apart from 153/157/175 there have been answers sent for all issues
... 181-185 were sent by Antoine on nov 6

Tom: the most recent is 186

Ralph: shorter than a week would be questionable

Tom: by next week we could be down to just three issues
... it seems we're almost done with the issues
... we should shift our attention to the other documents

<Ralph> Update on Last Call Comments [Alistair 2008-12-02]

Tom: UCR, Primer

Guus: we could be just in time to make a candidate REC request before Xmas

Ralph: it would be tight
... the document has to pass pubrules checker before 18 dec
... I won't be available for a telecon on Dec 16
... if we have something for the 16 I could send it in time

Guus: we would then to have to vote next week

Ralph: we could vote next week with the understanding that our vote is contingent on the commentors accepting our reponse responses to the last 3 issues
... I could try to ask for a director's decision for Dec 17
... the sooner we get answers, the better for scheduling the decision

Tom: if Guus and Sean can propose a resolution to 157
... and if we can approve that on the list

Ralph: maybe anything we release before Xmas would not get attention
... we could vote to resolve all the issues and ask for CR in the first week of January
... my proposal would be to request CR by the 16th
... on the 17th I will ask for an extension of our charter
... how long are we considering for CR?

Guus: 4-6 weeks

Ralph: I suggest on Dec 16 resolution to request CR on first week of January
... and on 17th I ask for a extension to end of April
... that would fit an end for CR in March

Guus: we can ask on the list whether people disagree for a response on 157
... once a draft response has been posted
... and next Tuesday we make the formal decision

Tom: ok!
... any issues to raise?
... meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Antoine to write something in Primer wrt. ISSUE 160 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Antoine propose 1 or 2 SPARQL examples showing named graph usage [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus discuss response to issue 157 with Sean [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to look at OWL documents for review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Guus and Jeremy to give concrete implementation examples of the use of rdfs:label w/ SKOS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-swd-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of the metadata note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to report on use of RDFa metadata in Recommendations. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
[PENDING] ACTION: Sean to add rdf:type and rdf:Property assertions to the skos schema [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-swd-minutes.html#action07]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Diego write a proposal to republish Recipes with the httpRange-14 reference corrected and a link to an errata document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action02]
[DONE] ACTION: Alistair send issue 135 response from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Nov/0104.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action08]
[DONE] ACTION: Alistair add an issue for Bernard's comment on mappingRelation and draft a response [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action13]
[DONE] ACTION: Guus send response for issue 186 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action10]
Received on Wednesday, 3 December 2008 15:35:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:55 UTC