Re: SKOS and RDFa in e-Learning

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:05:09 -0800
To: "Sini, Margherita (KCEW)" <Margherita.Sini@fao.org>
CC: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, public-esw-thes@w3.org, "Salokhe, Gauri (KCEW)" <Gauri.Salokhe@fao.org>

Sini, Margherita (KCEW) wrote:
> Hi Alistar,
>
> I also like this page you have written, and I am now reading the RDFa page...
> which I didn't know yet about, and seems extremely interesting to me.... we
> could actually start to implement such things in FAO in our pages of our
> document reporsitory, so that the web can identify authors of documents, etc.

That would be fantastic. If we can help with this, please let us know.

> But, is there something already available that can read RDFa?

Yes, quite a number of implementations are already out there, actually:

http://rdfa.info/rdfa-implementations/

In particular, the Operator plugin for Firefox will parse RDFa.

Alistair: thanks for starting this discussion. Note that the deployments
of RDFa are starting to go beyond prototypes:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

now contains RDFa.

-Ben
Chair, RDFa Task Force.