[RDFa] Re: Commenst on use cases #2 - #7 [Re: an update of the use case document]

Ivan,

I've applied changes according to your comments below, and the result is
now live at:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/scenarios/

(soon to be snapshot for the WG.)

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Use case #2
>
> Last paragraph: "the structured data contains the complete iCal and
> Dublin Core metadata" (the DC is missing). As the issue is the easy mix
> of vocabularies, this is good to be emphasized

I wanted to emphasize iCal separately, but I've added something to point
out DC, too.

> Use case #3
>
> I am not sure which feature this use cases puts forward, to be honest.
> Also: the reference to XHTML2 seems to be besides to point for the use
> case, and would just add mud to the water:-) (In my view at least.)

I took out the reference to XHTML2, as I agree that it's not the main
point here. However, I'd like to keep this use case as it's an important
one for the publishing community (Bob DuCharme and, previously, IPTC.)

> Use case #4
>
> Last sentence: do we want that? We have *not* added such specific,
> technical requirements in the previous use cases. I wonder whether we
> should do it here...

Yes, I think we do want it. It's important to point out that RDFa should
play nicely with existing HTML.

> Use case #6
>
> I think the reference is wrong and the text should refer to Use Case #5
> (furnishing information...).

Indeed! Fixed.

> Use case #7
>
> We should somehow emphasize that Patrick uses, for his annotation, large
> ontologies that the medical domain has developed over the years (maybe
> we could even pick two of those)

I've added wording to this effect and a reference to UNIPROT. I'm also
waiting for some feedback from Science Commons to beef up this use case.

-Ben