W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > January 2007

meeting record: 2007-01-09 SWD telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:28:11 -0500
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20070109132416.03d34590@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org

The record of today's SemWeb Deployment WG telecon is available [1].
A full text snapshot follows below.

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html

Topics

   1.  Admin
   2. Face-to-Face Organizational Issues
   3. SKOS Requirements
   4. SKOS branding
   5. Other Deliverables
   6. RDFa
   7. Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies
   8. Deliverable 3: Principles for Managing RDF Vocabularies (namespaces, change management, versioning)


Resolutions:

RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html accepted as minutes of 2006-12-19 meeting

RESOLVED: next meeting 16 January, 1600 UTC

RESOLVED: Alistair's refactoring of SKOS pages can proceed


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Daniel will review RDFa. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]

[NEW] ACTION: Diego progress issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action10]

[NEW] ACTION: RalphS inform group on evening event. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10 Jan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Guus/TomB to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]

[PENDING] ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]

[DONE] ACTION: Alistair will send the outstanding issues to the list and Jon will paste into the formatted page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05]

[DONE] ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]

[DONE] ACTION: Jon will choose one of the three issues pages, create a proposed format, and then post to the list for discussion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11]

[DONE] ACTION: Sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed issue format, directly into issues wiki page (waiting for Jon) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]

[DROPPED] ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]

-Ralph

----

                         SemWeb Deployment WG

9 Jan 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0008.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2006-12-19

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Elisa Kendall, Jon Phipps, Guus
          Schreiber, Daniel Rubin, Antoine Isaac, Diego Berrueta,
          Alistair Miles, Bernard Horan, Sean Bechhofer

   Regrets
          Ben Adida

   Chair
          Guus

   Scribe
          Ralph

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. Face-to-Face Organizational Issues
         3. SKOS Requirements
         4. SKOS branding
         5. Other Deliverables
         6. RDFa
         7. Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies
         8. Deliverable 3: Principles for Managing RDF Vocabularies
            (namespaces, change management, versioning)
     * Summary of Action Items
     ____________________________________________________


   <RalphS> Guus: best new year wishes to everyone

Admin

   RESOLVED: [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html accepted
   as minutes of 2006-12-19 meeting

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html

   RESOLVED: next meeting 16 January, 1600 UTC

   ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe
   duties [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01

   next scribe: Daniel

Face-to-Face Organizational Issues

   [17]Multi-Group Meeting Logistics

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/MGMoverview.html

   [18]F2F Agenda

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Agenda20060122

   Guus: we have 8 WG participants registered as of today, with 4
   observers

   RalphS: TBL wants to create Boston SW Users Group.
   ... since we are convening on Jan 22-23, opportunity to have
   "pre-launch" event
   ... so has asked if we could participate on Mon or Tues evening in
   some event
   ... could mean short presentations
   ... or just share hors d'oeuvres

   Guus: no objections.

   Diego: not Tues evening

   Antoine: ok

   RalphS: ok

   Bernard: no

   Alistair: ok

   Jon: ok both days

   RalphS: meet for hors d'oeuvres then shorter dinner.

   Guus: can present.

   RalphS: Will be Web access - will be in MIT office area. Near WG
   meeting room.

   ACTION: RalphS inform group on evening event. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action02]

SKOS Requirements

   ACTION: [WITHDRAWN] Alistair to prepare issues list for January
   meeting [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06

   ACTION: [DONE] Alistair will send the outstanding issues to the list
   and Jon will paste into the formatted page [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05

   ACTION: [DONE] Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07

   -> "[23]Cookbook Issues page" [Jon]

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0000.html

   Guus: I plan to propose an issues-management process next meeting

   ACTION: [DONE] Sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed
   issue format, directly into issues wiki page (waiting for Jon)
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04

   Guus:[25]Sean's submission accepted

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0017.html

   -> [26]issues process ideas from Ralph

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0001.html

   Ralph: there is another [27]issue tracking tool that is available to
   the WG
   ... I will send mail about it today or tomorrow

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/

   <Zakim> TomB, you wanted to ask where (in the wiki?) we will
   describe "issues process"

   <TomB> [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables

   Tom: do we want to capture the issues process in another wiki
   document?

   Jon: I copied the [29]Best Practice Recipes issues process from RIF

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/BestPracticeRecipesIssues

   Ralph: the records of whatever process refinement we agree to after
   Guus' proposal next week warrant their own Wiki page IMHO

   Guus: the substance of my proposal is whether to add
   potential-issues to the wiki before discussion or discuss first then
   add to the list

   Daniel: I have received input with feedback for one use case,
   partial input on a second and am awaiting 2 more
   ... expect a total of four use cases from me

   <Antoine> [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RawUCs

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RawUCs

   Antoine: there is a wiki page that sums up the [31]use case
   descriptions we've received
   ... the edited use case that Daniel submitted is included there
   ... with placeholders for others
   ... I have also cited other use cases that have been mentioned on
   the WG list
   ... the idea is to check the correctness of these descriptions
   w.r.t. the questionnaire then move them to another page

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RawUCs

   <Antoine> [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs

   Antoine: [33]EditedUCs may be more usable for preparation of the
   document itself

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs

   Daniel: also the [34]BirnLex UC [is ready for EditedUCs]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RucBirnLex

   Antoine: I wanted the editors to take responsibility for moving
   items from RawUCs to EditedUCs

   Guus: we want to have documents for the f2f ready one week in
   advance
   ... is it feasible to have a raw SKOS UC document in that time?

   Antoine: I intend to work on this in the coming week
   ... prior to that I want to talk about the length of the
   descriptions
   ... the existing Use Case documents use shorter descriptions than
   the ones submitted to us
   ... should we summarize in our SKOS UC document or would we prefer
   to keep the full data?

   Guus: my preference is to keep the full data
   ... might be nice to have in addition a short summary in terms of
   SKOS requirements
   ... perhaps 2 paragraphs that summarize the key points

   Antoine: I can contribute an icon class use case

   Daniel: what are the tasks for the editors for this week?

   Guus: I would like the UCR editors to create a document that
   includes all the submitted use cases

   <TomB> [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs

   Ralph: I am quite happy leaving it to the UCR editors' discretion
   whether or how much to summarize a use case description

   Daniel: is there a document started already?

   Antoine: no, just wiki data

   Guus: just a compilation of responses is fine for now

   <Zakim> TomB, you wanted to suggest including full data that is
   edited (e.g., questions removed) to improve readability

   Tom: there are some things in the [36]raw data that could be omitted
   just for readability
   ... e.g. repeating the questions verbatim
   ... editors can use discretion in dropping repetitive information

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RucAims

   Daniel: I was thinking of an executive summary that captures what is
   important for SKOS

   Guus: sounds good

SKOS branding

   -> "[37][SKOS] branding" [Alistair]

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0085.html

   Alistair: the issue is presenting SKOS in a way that is easier to
   understand
   ... previously we'd divided SKOS into 3 pieces and the old Web site
   reflects that division
   ... I think it makes more sense now to present all of SKOS as one
   thing, not divide into Core, Vocabulary

   <aliman> [38]http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/webstage/

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/webstage/

   Alistair: so I'm halfway through refactoring the SKOS website
   ... to make a single introduction to the area
   ... any objections to my continuing with this or suggestions?

   Guus: I had some access issues; should that page be public?

   Alistair: yes, it should be public

   -> [39]which W3C mirror are you getting?

     [39] http://www.w3.org/Help/whereami

   Ralph: the [40]wereami page may help in diagnosing access problems
   to the W3C servers

     [40] http://www.w3.org/Help/whereami

   RESOLVED: Alistair's refactoring of SKOS pages can proceed

Other Deliverables

RDFa

   -> "[41][RDFa] Documents ready for review" [Ben]

     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0015.html

   Guus: I volunteered to review these documents

   ACTION: Guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08

   RalphS: In BPD WG, we had two reviewers.

   Guus: Same process here - two reviewers not involved, then group
   decides.

   RalphS: Guus is one reviewer. So essentially Ben is asking for a
   second reviewer.

   Guus: For publishing first working draft, need to assess - "is it
   suitable for discussion with public?" - only

   RalphS: No minimal definitions. Only real requirement: pass
   publication rules. Is it reasonable for publication?

   Guus: At some point, editors say "we think it is ready". Two others
   send comments. There is a short discussion. Then chairs propose a
   decision for WG as a whole and WG decides.
   ... Diff from Recommendation. For WG, only "sufficient info for
   which we want feedback from public". Don't have to agree on
   everything. Must be of interest to public.
   ... Would expect new primer version, and Use Case document, to be
   good candidates.

   Bernard: deadline?

   Guus: pubn decision Jan 22-23 and review in the coming week.
   ... need one week for process.
   ... people besides reviewers are welcome to comment.

   ACTION: Daniel will review RDFa. [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]

Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies

   ACTION: [DONE] Jon will choose one of the three issues pages, create
   a proposed format, and then post to the list for discussion
   [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11]

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11

   -> [45]Cookbook Issues Page [Jon]

     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0000.html

   Jon: I have to add a clarification to an issue that Diego posted

   Guus: the chairs open [accept] an issue and assign an owner
   ... is Diego willing to be the owner of issue [46]COOKBOOK-I1.1?

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/BestPracticeRecipesIssues#head-7f03e69783008d22f1e9d3ac843f682aa53a4d5e

   Diego: accepted

   ACTION: Diego progress issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action10]

Deliverable 3: Principles for Managing RDF Vocabularies (namespaces,
change management, versioning)

   Guus: leave this for next week or f2f as we're out of time

   [adjourn]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Daniel will review RDFa. [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Diego progress issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: RalphS inform group on evening event. [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10
   Jan [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus/TomB to put item on f2f agenda to make
   publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer)
   [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning
   scribe duties [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Alistair will send the outstanding issues to the list
   and Jon will paste into the formatted page [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jon will choose one of the three issues pages, create
   a proposed format, and then post to the list for discussion
   [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed
   issue format, directly into issues wiki page (waiting for Jon)
   [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January
   meeting [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________

     [51] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action05
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action11
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [60]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([61]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/01/09 18:24:33 $

     [60] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [61] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 9 January 2007 18:29:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:27 GMT