Re: [RDFa] public access to CURIEs work

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:43:52 -0500
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
CC: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>

Guus,

As Ralph just mentioned, this is a question for the HTML WG. That said,
here's my two cents on how this should be released.

In general, I don't see any issue with this, as long as it is made clear
that RDFa is not 100% tied to CURIEs. I worry that some folks don't like
CURIEs and may use it to question RDFa as a whole.

It's important to point out that CURIEs are meant to solve a general
problem that RDFa and many other specs have. If people are not willing
to solve the problem, then RDFa will live on in a slightly crippled way,
just like other specs that are forced to used QNames.

-Ben