W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > August 2007

RE: [ALL] SWD face-to-face - draft agenda

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:42:05 +0100
Message-ID: <677CE4DD24B12C4B9FA138534E29FB1D033D4F83@exchange11.fed.cclrc.ac.uk>
To: "Thomas Baker" <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>, "SWD Working Group" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi Tom,

Agenda looks good. I'd put "Semantic relation properties" before "Label relations", I think it's more critical.

Cheers,

Alistair. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-swd-wg-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-swd-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Baker
> Sent: 22 August 2007 08:00
> To: SWD Working Group
> Subject: [ALL] SWD face-to-face - draft agenda
> 
> 
> All,
> 
> On yesterday's call [1], I took an action to post the 
> emerging outline of the agenda for the meeting on 8-9 October 
> in Amsterdam.  We focused on Alistair's "three major issues" [2].
> 
> I have put a draft agenda on the wiki [3].  All, please feel 
> free to add links, especially to additional issues relevant 
> under specific agenda topics.
> 
> Tom
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/21-swd-minutes.html
> [2] 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0164.html
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
> 
> ---
> 
> = Agenda - Semantic Web Deployment WG face-to-face =
> 8-9 October, Amsterdam
> 
>  * This draft agenda: 
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda
>  * Registration: 
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39408/swd-ftf-adam-registration/
>  * Agenda and logistics: http://www.few.vu.nl/~aisaac/swd/
>  * Expected: Tom, Guus, Diego, Edsu, Justin, Antoine, Jon, 
> Alistair, Ralph, Bernard, Sean
> 
> = SKOS =
> 
> General reading
>  * http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics
>  * http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/
>  * http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec/
>  * http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/
> 
> == Drawing the picture (discussion leader?) ==
> 
> Problems to discuss:
>  * Are relationships part of a concept scheme?
>  * Are the concepts part of a concept scheme?
>  * Capture underlying intuitions: UML diagrams? Blobs and lines?
>  * What do we mean by "containment", "aggregation"...?
>  * Are relationships of a concept somehow part of the concept? 
>  * Can concepts "exist" independently of a scheme? 
>  * Goal: see how things fit together in the larger picture.
> 
> Relevant issues:
>  * ISSUE-36 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36 - 
> ConceptSchemeContainment (open)
> 
> Reading:
>  * http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Aug/0016.html
>  * http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/public/ajm65/dc2007/tutorial.pdf
>  * http://zthes.z3950.org/model/zthes-model-1.0.html
>  * bs8273 - UML diagrams available?
>  * Elisa/Clay/Ed/Jon: OMG, ISO 1087...?
> 
> == "Concept Semantics" (Antoine) ==
> 
> Problems to discuss:
>  * Defining the semantics of skos:Concept
>  * Mixing with OWL concepts
> 
> Relevant issues:
>  * ISSUE-54 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/54 - 
> ConceptSemantics (open)
> 
> == "Labeling properties" (Alistair) ==
> 
> Problems to discuss:
> 
> Relevant issues:
>  * ISSUE-31 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/31 - 
> BasicLexicalLabelSemantics (open)
> 
> == "Label relations" (Guus) ==
> 
> Problems to discuss:
> 
> Relevant issues:
>  * ISSUE-26 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/26 - 
> RelationshipsBetweenLabels (open) 
> 
> == "Semantic relation properties" (Sean) ==
> 
> Problems to discuss:
>  * Transitivity
> 
> Relevant issues:
>  * ISSUE-44 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/44 - 
> BroaderNarrowerSemantics (open)
> 
> == Vocabulary Management (Ralph locally, Elisa remotely) ==
> 
> To be discussed late afternoon Monday 16:00+ so that Elisa can join.
> 
> Reading: 
>  * http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/VocabMgtDraft
>  * 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-semweb-lifesci/2007
> Aug/0001.html
>  * 
> https://gnowsis.opendfki.de/repos/gnowsis/papers/2006_11_conce
> pturi/html/index.html
>  * 
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_
> Practices 
>    * Daniel is liaison, SWD may be asked for review before publication
>  * 
> http://sites.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/pub/drafts/LinkedD
> ataTutorial/
> 
> == Other possible agenda items ==
> 
>  * Recipes?
>  * RDFa?
> 
> == SKOS issues (as of 2007-08-21) ==
> 
>  * Open
>    * ISSUE-26 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/26 - 
> RelationshipsBetweenLabels (open) 
>    * ISSUE-27 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/27 - 
> AnnotationOnLabel (open)
>    * ISSUE-31 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/31 - 
> BasicLexicalLabelSemantics (open)
>    * ISSUE-36 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36 - 
> ConceptSchemeContainment (open)
>    * ISSUE-44 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/44 - 
> BroaderNarrowerSemantics (open)
>    * ISSUE-54 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/54 - 
> ConceptSemantics (open)
>  * Raised
>    * ISSUE-32 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/32 - 
> ConceptSchemeLabellingInteractions (raised)
>    * ISSUE-35 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/35 - 
> RulesAndConformance (raised)
>    * ISSUE-37 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/37 - 
> SkosSpecialization (raised)
>    * ISSUE-38 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/38 - 
> CompatibilityWithOWL-DL (raised)
>    * ISSUE-39 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39 - 
> ConceptualMappingLinks (raised)
>    * ISSUE-40 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/40 - 
> ConceptCoordination (raised)
>    * ISSUE-41 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/41 - 
> UseLangTagsInExamples (raised)
>    * ISSUE-45 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/45 - 
> NaryLinksBetweenDescriptorsAndNonDescriptors (raised)
>    * ISSUE-46 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/46 - 
> IndexingAndNonIndexingConcepts (raised)
>    * ISSUE-47 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/47 - 
> MappingProvenanceInformation (raised)
>    * ISSUE-48 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/48 - 
> IndexingRelationship (raised)
>    * ISSUE-49 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/49 - 
> LexicalMappingLinks (raised)
>    * ISSUE-50 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/50 - 
> CompatibilityWithDC (raised)
>    * ISSUE-51 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/51 - 
> CompatibilityWithISO11179 (raised)
>    * ISSUE-52 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/52 - 
> CompatibilityWithISO2788 (raised)
>    * ISSUE-53 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/53 - 
> CompatibilityWithISO5964 (raised)
>    * ISSUE-56 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56 - 
> ReferenceSemanticRelationshipSpecializations (raised)
> 
> 
> --
> Tom Baker - tbaker@tbaker.de - baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
> 
> 
Received on Friday, 24 August 2007 10:42:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:30 GMT