Re: introduction

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:29:15 +0200
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 03:01:12PM +0200, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> I have a specific interest in vocabulary deployment for the

My interest is likewise in vocabulary deployment.  I am
a member of the Directorate and Chair of the Usage Board
of the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI) [1].

I also work at the Goettingen State and University Library
(SUB), which is currently starting a new project with the
German National Library -- Competence Center for Interoperable
Metadata (KIM) -- with a focus on Dublin Core and SKOS.
I am participating in SWD in my SUB Goettingen role.

SKOS has also become a big topic in the DCMI community --
see last week's conference in Mexico [2].

Over the past few years I have worked in various European
projects and working groups related to metadata and metadata
registries.  In the Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment
Working Group I was coordinator of the Vocabulary Management
Task Force [3].

[1] http://dublincore.org/
[2] http://dc2006.ucol.mx/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883