Re: introduction

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:29:06 +0200
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

Here is a short bio for me

I am working as a post-doc for the KRR group of the Vrije Universiteit
in Amsterdam [1], but am 'embedded' in the Dutch National Library [2] in
the context of the STITCH project [3]. I have worked and am still
working on different aspects of the use of Semantic Web techniques
within the Cultural Heritage domain. Though my work is now centered on
the representation and the interoperability of Cultural Heritage
collections and their vocabularies (especially thesaurus representation
and mapping), my interests include ontology engineering techniques
(formal ontologies, core ontologies, ontology patterns) and use of
ontologies for annotation and retrieval (especially for audiovisual
material).

Looking forward to working with you,

Antoine

[1] http://www.cs.vu.nl/en/sec/ai/kr/