[Fwd: RE: Soliciting input for "Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies"]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Soliciting input for "Best Practice Recipes for
Publishing RDF Vocabularies"
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:48:46 -0000
From: T.Heath <T.Heath@open.ac.uk>
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>

Hi Guus,

This sounds like a very worthwhile piece of work to me, so a
quick bit
of feedback. I've used version one of this document, and
found it
incredibly useful in configuring Apache to serve up the ESWC2006
Conference Ontology [1]. The recipes I used (number 3, for hash
vocabluaries, IIRC). One change I would really support is
the morphing
of the document into a generic "Best Practice Recipes for
Serving-up
RDF", or the production of an accommpanying guide on that topic.

I've recently developed Revyu.com [2], a site for RDF-based
reviews and
ratings, that implements the httpRange-14 recommendations of
the W3C TAG
(such as the 303 redirect solution). Having a similarly
accessible
document covering these issues for RDF instance data, as well as
vocabularies, would be a huge benefit to the Semantic- and
wider Web
Communities.

Hope this helps,

Tom.