Re: Books on ontology engineering and OWL

On 26/09/2007, Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it> wrote:

Hi Aldo,

> Hi, the new edition of the Handbook will feature an article of mine (and
> Valentina Presutti's) on ontology design patterns (either logical or
> content), with OWL examples. Other articles on OWL and experiences in
> ontology projects will be included as well.

Sounds great - any idea of publication date?

Is this the earlier edition :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/026-0654746-7418006

(I hope the new edition will have a slightly less prohibitive price tag!)

> A collaborative portal dedicated to patterns is also going to appear as a
> result of the EU NeOn project. You will receive a note when it is ready to
> start.

Marvellous. I imagine SWEO will be interested.

> About OWL and best practices, you can also browse the REASE repository of
> the EU Knowledge Web project, and especially the collection of slides from
> the several editions of the Semantic Web Summer School can be interesting
> for you.

I believe SWEO's already made a connection to REASE.

btw, if anyone happens to encounter any other good tutorial material,
it'd be helpful if you could either:

* add them to the Wiki at:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/InfoGathering/RecommendedTutorials
and/or
* mail me or sweo
and/or
* tag the item with "sweo" on del.icio.us (and anything else that may
be appropriate)

There should already be quite a few resources already tagged on
del.icio.us, maybe try:

http://del.icio.us/tag/sweo+tutorial
http://del.icio.us/tag/semweb+tutorial
http://del.icio.us/tag/owl+tutorial