Re: SWD Charter

Hi Dan,

> I'd like to see it continue somehow. Other options beyond SWD could
> include an Incubator Group (as with the multimedia work), or a taskforce
> / mailing list under the SW Interest Group umbrella...

How can we explore these options further, what/where would be the
relevant platform to discuss this?

> What exactly remains to be done? How much could be standards-track, as
> against experimental / research / groundbreaking?

I am not sure how to separate the two. But ToDo's and Issues worth
exploring are (see also [1]):

- maintenance
- publishing new versions
- relation between versions
- 303 redirects or not
- URIs as primitive queries
- discuss with Princeton if we did it correctly, and what to do with the
errors we found in the original data.
- practical experience/feedback: check if e.g. the RDF is practically
usable enough.
- The distinction between Full and Basic should show its worth
- what are the relevant triples to return on HTTP GETs? Do the relevant
chunks vary per vocabulary? See also [2]
- how to validate the correctness of data (in OWL Full), best practices
on how to keep it correct
- mapping to SKOS
- should the semantics in the Frames be made more explicit and how
- Full and Basic partition the total set of of triples into two
partially overlapping sets; is this a valid way to serve different
'flavours' in one namespace?

Cheers,
Mark.

[1]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wn-conversion.html#issues