Re: SWD Charter

* Mark van Assem <mark@few.vu.nl> [2006-05-31 16:11+0300]

> Hi Guus and Tom,
>
> I just saw the SWD charter [1] and was surprised to see that it states
> it will build on results from the OEP, PORT, VM, and HTML Task Forces,
> but does not mention the WNET TF. Experiences in WNET seem very relevant
> input to Documents 2 and 3.
>
> I was also wondering whether and where the work of the WNET TF might
> continue within W3C, if the SWD charter does not include 'horizontal
> vocabularies'.

I'd like to see it continue somehow. Other options beyond SWD could
include an Incubator Group (as with the multimedia work), or a taskforce
/ mailing list under the SW Interest Group umbrella...

What exactly remains to be done? How much could be standards-track, as
against experimental / research / groundbreaking?

Dan