W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2006

[VM] 2006-02-14 Telecon report

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:07:56 +0100
To: SW Best Practices <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20060217130755.GA404@baker>

SWBPD VM 2006-02-14 telecon report

Agenda:   2006-02-14 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0100.html
Previous: 2006-02-07 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0056.html

Participants: Ralph, Tom
Regrets: Alistair, Libby, Dan

-- Discussed process for publishing cookbook [1] as a Working Draft
   Confirmed the following timetable:

   -- Feb 17: we post a proposal to the list to publish as a Working Draft.
   -- In the Feb 20 telecon, SWBPD takes a decision.

-- Ralph: unsure whether we addressed DBooth's comment on Recipe 3,
   fragment identifiers.  Maybe below the level of detail we need to 
   address in this cookbook?

   > -- Specific recipes
   >    Recipe 3.  Interpretation of a fragment identifier in the
   >               presence of 303 redirects is unclear, so recipe
   >               should note that browser may or may not apply
   >               fragment identifier to secondary URI.

-- Ralph: An issue re: hash namespace examples...  See [2].
   Alistair said for SKOS - it is a hash namespace and you are just 
   supposed to know the hash gets put there.  In effect, this is
   special treatment for SKOS.  We propagate this through recipes 
   1 to 3.  I fixed what I thought were typos (missing '#') in my
   December edits [3].  Alistair removed the '#'s again in
   rev 1.15.  The current SKOS WD does omit the '#' [4].
   In SKOS Core Guide:
       xmlns:skos="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#"
   does have hash on namespace [5].

   ACTION: Ralph to put this on list, citing RDF specs.
   Note (2006-02-17: done [6]).

-- New telecon scheduling
   
   -- Now that text is going to Working Draft, agree that one telecon
      every two weeks is enough.

   -- Special cases:
      -- Week of Feb 20: no need for telecon unless issues arise in Feb 20 
         BPD telecon.
      -- Week of Feb 27: tech plenary
      -- Week of Mar 6: week after tech plenary

   -- Proposed new slots for 60-minute calls, starting week of Mar 13 (assuming
      Alistair unavailable on Tuesdays):

      1) Fri 1300-1500 - Tom and Ralph prefer
      2) Mon 1300-1500
      3) Wed 1300-1730 - Ralph prefers not

-- ACTION (continued): Ralph to test recipes with W3C configuration.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/#recipe1
[3] http://cvs.w3.org/Team/~checkout~/WWW/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2005-11-18/Overview.html?rev=1.12&content-type=text/html#recipe1
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-spec-20051102/#translationsTitle
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-guide-20051102/
[6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0105.html

-- 
Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883
and University Library                           +49-30-8109-9027
Papendiek 14, 37073 Göttingen
Received on Friday, 17 February 2006 13:08:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:46 UTC