	From: Giorgos Stamou [mailto:gstam@softlab.ntua.gr]
	Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:34 AM
	To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
	Cc: 'Jane Hunter'; 'John R Smith'; 'Hobson Paola-BPH001';
raphael.troncy@isti.cnr.it; mark@cs.vu.nl; laurah@cs.vu.nl;
wielemak@science.uva.nl; Nikolaos Simou
	Subject: [MM] Schedule of the TF

	Dear all

	Concerning the time schedule of our TF we have the following
Deliverables for the near future:

	-Review of existing tools for image annotation, image ontology
collections

	and use cases for image annotation

	(end of September 2005)

	-Feasibility report on the interoperability between SW and image
annotation

	standards (including patent and copyright issues) and best
practices

	for SW interoperable image annotations including possible
mapping tools

	(end of November 2005)

	Although the delay of the acceptance of our TF delayed the
involvement of most people, I propose to try to be on schedule or at
least very close to it.

	As far as the first Deliverable is concerned, the page that
Jacco is hosting (http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jrvosse/swbpd/images/) is a
very good basis for collecting the material. So, please try to keep it
informed by sending to Jacco all the information that you believe it is
important to be there. The work on this Deliverable can be more or less
divided into two tasks: one is to write a not so long introductory text
that categorizes the material and describes the basic categories and a
second to set up a dynamic page collecting all the important links with
some small description in order for this site to become a reference
framework for researchers, practitioners etc. If you agree, I can
deliver a first version of the text (ToC and some text) and ask for
contributions and reviews. Hope to do this before the end of this week,
so you can have time to discuss it on next Monday's telecon.

	The situation with the second Deliverable is much more
complicated. The main issue is to work on the interoperability issue
mainly between OWL and MPEG-7 (starting from images) and possibly
provide a transformation tool. Of course, we should have references to
other standards (like Dublin Core etc) but I am sure if we have time to
also provide inside work like in the MPEG-7 case (it would be really
important to try, especially for the image case, but we can leave it for
next year, this was also a suggestion other people in the WG).
Concerning the time schedule, I think we should try to have a first
draft in the F2F meeting in Galway.

	And some administrative issues-questions to Guus:

	1. Is there any formal W3C form for the deliverables?

	2. Is it possible to organize MM TF telecons using W3C
facilities and how we can do this?

	3. Do you need some material and/or help from us for adding to
the SWBP WG homepage the TF information?

	I am waiting for your comments in order to specify the schedule
and send a more detailed agenda.

	Regards,

	Giorgos

	p.s. Members that have the possibility (like John and Jane, I am
sure for others) please contact your AC rep in order to become members
of the SWPD WG and thus be able to join the telecons.