RE: [SE] Suggestion of new note

From: Daniel Oberle <oberle@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:18:01 +0200
To: michael.f.uschold@boeing.com
CC: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Mike, sorry for this late response. IMHO the slides, as well as the
note, should made explicit the difference *in purpose*.

The primary purpose of ontologies is to enable agreement on the meaning
of specific vocabulary terms and, thus, to facilitate information integration
across individual applications.

UML's purpose differs from that. While it can be (mis)used for this purpose as well,
it was originally intended to facilitate OOA,OOD (please correct me if I'm
wrong as I'm not an UML expert).

While the note mentions some of that, I think it should really be
made explicit at the beginning.

Best,
  Daniel