Re: Multimedia Annotation Task Force Proposal

Hi Giorgos

I think the issue raised at the telecon about the timescale of the task
force extending past the timescale of the working group can be addressed
by the following two changes:

a) delete all references to phase II throughout

b) add a paragraph like:

[[
If the charter of the SWBPD WG is renewed through into 2006, then the TF
hopes to continue with an updated description that extends into video
formats.
]]

I believe it may be wise to scale down the ambition for phase I to be
(exclusively?) focussed on MPEG-7 for images, in which case the above
paragraph could be

[[
If the charter of the SWBPD WG is renewed through into 2006, then the TF
hopes to continue with an updated description that extends into other
formats for both images and video.
]]

The current description is only concretely describing work around
MPEG-7, but seems to suggest other formats will be covered. The proposed
change is to retain the description aound MPEG-7, and suggest other
formats as additional work (for 2006). Obviously if we make good
progress then there may be time this year for some attention to other
image formats, and as long as that that is not in the out-of-scope
paragraph (which it won't be), then there should be no problem in
advancing that part of the additional work into the first deliverables.

Personally, I suspect that writing some XSLT may be the best
contribution I can make, so I would prefer a description that at least
permitted that as a possibility in the next five months

Jeremy