W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > February 2005

[ALL] Minutes 24 Feb 2005 telecon 1800 UTC

From: Libby Miller <libby@asemantics.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:39:15 -0800 (PST)
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20050225155525.V43250@skutsje.san.webweaving.org>


W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group

Minutes of telecon for
24 february 2005, 1800 UTC
Duration 90 minutes.

IRC Log: http://www.w3.org/2005/02/24-swbp-irc

Chair: David Wood
Scribe: Libby Miller

    Attendees were David_Wood, Libby_Miller, Elisa_Kendall, Ralph,
Andreas_Harth, Alistair_Miles, Jeff_Pan, Steve_Pepper, ChrisW, MikeU,
Gavin_McKenzie, Deb, [IPcaller], Tom_Baker, Guus_Schreiber, Evan_Wallace,
Phil_Tetlow, Aldo, Natasha

Regrets: Carroll, Nguyen, Brickley, Garshol, Govoni, Nanni

Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0127.html

ACTIONS summary

Open actions

    ACTION: davidw/guus decide on status of f2f observers - allow them?
    ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel [2]
    ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary [3]
    ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.
    ACTION: deb sort SOURCE issue discussion timing out with DanC how you
like; copy in davidw [5]
    ACTION: natasha, davidw review the RDFTM draft before the f2f and post
to the list [7]
    ACTION Guus  review of part-whole draft: Simple part-whole relations
in OWL Ontologies
    ACTION: Al to run pubrules checker on SKOS Core Guide ; Ralph will
help. [8]
    ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready [10]
    ACTION: tbaker do a presentation on VM at the f2f [11]
    ACTION: davidw, ralph read SE document [14]

Completed actions

    ACTION: Ralph make "List of WG documents" more visible [6]
    ACTION: Ralph to link SKOS Core Guide from home page more prominently. [9]
    ACTION: Fabian noticed broken links - Libby will check. [12]
    ACTION: jeff put online and send around link [13]


1. ADMIN (15 min)

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Feb 10 telecon:
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0054.html
    so RESOLVED

    PROPOSED next telecon March 10
    so RESOLVED

Tech Plenary / ftf

ACTION: davidw/guus decide on status of f2f observers - allow them?


2. LIAISON

2.1 OMG: ODM review

ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel

CONTINUED

ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary

CONTINUED

2.2: DAWG: UNSAID and SOUCE issues

ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.

CONTINUED

ACTION: deb sort SOURCE issue discussion timing out with DanC how you
like; copy in davidw

ralph: the [DAWG and SWBP] meetings do not coincide, but might still be
able to meet with some of them
- DanC and Kendall from DAWG have requested to observe parts of the
SWBP meeting.

3. TF UPDATE

ACTION: Ralph make "List of WG documents" more visible

DONE

3.1 PORT (Alistair)

ACTION: Ralph to link SKOS Core Guide from home page more prominently.

DONE

guus proposes to delay request to publish the guide (request has not yet
been made)

[not formally proposed but agreement]

    ralph: lots of references to a non-published working draft
    ...reconsider request to publish the guide by itself, wait for the
other

    Al: how is it maintained when the doc moves to TR page?
    ralph: editors work it over for next version, then to wg for approval.
update editrs' draft, in a telecon agree to publish the next version. Much
the same as before but quicker

    al: maybe the spec should not go to WD ar all; supposed to be a
human-readable version of the rdf schema - so if this changes a lot, the
spec will be behind the real world version
    al: so to summarise: publish spec+guide with caveat that this is a
snapshot?

    davidw: how much can al do before the f2f?
    al: waiting for reviews of maintenance of spec draft; so probably not
ready with spec for f2f

3.1 OEP (Deb/Chris)

ACTION Guus review of part-whole draft: Simple part-whole relations in
OWL Ontologies

ACTION: Ralph review next version of n-ary relations when it is ready

chrisw: at f2f planning on proposing that the 2 wds (classes as
values/value partition) go to notes. think ready to go, only minor changes
made

3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

Aldo: we have another document -- a WordNet Data Model

    ... considering the possibility of going opensource and permit others
to add to the ontology
    ... 2 decisions for the WG:
    ... 1. do we want to have a liaison with the ISLE group?
    ... 2. does it make sense for W3C to support an opensource formal
lexicon?


3.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremy)

jeff: feedback from [something] wg; jeremy has responded to that; nothing
from the dawg yet. jeff will work on it for f2f meeting

3.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)

    tbaker: for various reasons vm is behind schedule; however PORT has
contributed lots of stuff which cvan go in the note. proposes an oral
presntation at the f2f

    ACTION: tbaker do a presentation on VM at the f2f

3.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)

->
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Feb/0025.html
RDF-in-XHTML TF minutes from 2005-02-23

    ...rdfa is tf's still prefered route for syntactic embedding on rdf
in xhtml documents; however also recognises that xhtml 2 will take a while
to be deplioyed so suggests another solution for non-xhtml2 doc types
    ...taking up grddl proposal - at the moment exists as a coordination
group note. the TF is of the opinion that it shoudl work on the grddl spec
and bring it to the wg - and proposes that the wg take up GRDDL as a wg
working draft

ralph: at the f2f, would like formal feedback, preferably before f2f. also
meet with html group morning wednesday


3.7 ADTF (Libby)

ACTION: Fabian noticed broken links - Libby will check.

DONE: Felix fixed them (thanks Felix :).

3.8 RDFTM (Steve)

ACTION: natasha, davidw review the draft before the f2f and post to the
list

pepper: 1st draft on interoperability proposals is now in the w3c site;
officially complete draft; requestin wg to do something official with it -
ready for feedback


3.9 Tutorial Page (TomA)

not discussed

3.10 SE TF

ACTION: jeff put online and send around link

DONE: http://dl-web.man.ac.uk/~panz/swse/ODA08.htm

ACTION: davidw, ralph read SE document

4, AOB

none
Received on Saturday, 26 February 2005 00:39:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:15 GMT