RE: [WNET],[OEP] OntoWordNet. A new large OWL ontology

Here are a few thoughts about WordNet and ontologies gathered during
last week's Dagstuhl Workshop on: Machine Learning for the Semantic Web

The use of WN is more and more prevalent these days, especially among
those working with ontologies.
However, WN is designed as a lexical resource, not an ontology; it was
never intended to be an ontology.

Anyone who tries to use WN as an ontology quickly discovers that many of
the hyper/hyponymy links are not proper taxonomic links at all.  This
raises the question as to whether and when WN should be used as an
ontology at all.

If you try to use a knife as a can-opener - beware. It sort of works
kinda, but you need to be careful.

I dont have an opinion on this, but thought I'd report on these views
that I learned of.

It would be useful to have something to say on this point in the TF
outputs.

Mike