RE: [WNET],[OEP] OntoWordNet. A new large OWL ontology

I second that.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dickinson, Ian John (HP Labs, Bristol, UK)
[mailto:ian.dickinson@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:17 AM
To: Aldo Gangemi
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: [WNET],[OEP] OntoWordNet. A new large OWL ontology

Hello Aldo,

You wrote:
> second message for new [WNET] files.
> This message is about a new version of the WordNet datamodel
> that we started modelling months ago. First versions were
> encoded by Guus Schreiber and Brian McBride. This version
> (3) has been enlarged, commented, and checked after the
> original WordNet specifications by me. It's downloadable from:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/WNET/wordnet_datamodel.owl.
I can see the data model in the download directory, but the data model
isn't much practical use without the data. Do you have a version of
wordnet in OWL, marked-up using the datamodel schema you provide? If so,
where can it be downloaded from?

> Extensive documentation from original sources, and about the work
carried out,
> is contained in the OWL file.
It is certainly true that each property and named class has an
rdfs:comment, but I found it rather hard from these isolated comments to
get an overall picture of the datamodel you have proposed, and the way
that the properties and classes interrelate. Part of the problem is that
(for reasons I well understand) the OWL file does not list the component
classes and predicates in any sort of sensible narrative order. I would
encourage you to provide some additional overview documentation, to
present the ontology in a more coherent way.

Regards,
Ian

Ian Dickinson   HP Labs, Bristol, UK      mailto:ian.dickinson@hp.com
net www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Ian_Dickinson       ph +44 (117) 312 8796