[SE] Today's telco protocol

From: Daniel Oberle <oberle@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:10:50 +0100
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Telcon 1st Feb 2005, 18:00 - 19:20h UTC

Participants: Phil, Jeff, Mike, Daniel

Discussed:
- agreed on the two roles the Semantic Web plays
   wrt SE:
   a) as set of technologies to be used in SE
      (to be labelled "Semantic Web technologies")
   b) as artifact/information system/giant database
      (to be labelled "THE Semantic Web")
- composite id schemes ARE an issue in this TF.
   Phil provided a nice example of b). When we see
   SW as giant database there has to a notion of
   identification
- Tom Croucher works on a clarification on this issue
- naming issue: term ODA - should be resolved at
   the end. We need something new that stirs attention

Next steps:
- Mike to produce initial draft on relationship
   between Semantic Web and Software Engineering
- will be a collection/outline of existing body
   of work (e.g. MDA)
- should serve as consensus of opinion
- Daniel to take over after that
- should be in reasonable state before meeting
   at tech plenary in Boston

Next telco:
- Feb 15, 18:00 UTC

Best,