Re: Asymmetry of Domain and Range in OWL

OK, in my world A subclassOf B has an FOL interpretation of (=> (A ?x) (B
?x)) and o instance-of A has an FOL interpretation of (A o).  You've
invented a new logic on top of FOL, in which the elements of the language
(i.e. subclass, instance-of) are FOL predicates.  I was talking about FOL.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/