Re: Semantic Web and Software Engineering Task Force

i am also quite interested in this general topic from a few perspectives.
I have supported some of the OMG efforts to bridge the MDA world and the
semantic web world.
A recent workshop on the Model-Driven Semantic Web captures some of that
thinking.
http://www.sandsoft.com/edoc2004MDSWWorkshopCfP_v01-00.pdf

also, one of my themes in my work on usability of description logics
started with work on how to do modeling in owl-like languages (then of
course they were kl-one-like languages)..  it has been a theme since
then to not only look at modeling issues but also at tool support issues
for creation, evolution, and maintenance  thus generating research (with
tech transfer into industry) on topics such as diagnostics, merging,
search, etc.

So, I am totally in line with my reading of this task force  but I do
believe it will be important to distinguish it from other existing task
forces, such as OEP, since many times concerns with modeling for
ontology longevity and evolution (potentially in the context of ontology
evolution environments) will bridge both task forces and thus is worth
considering as this new task force is formed.

Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Co-Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory