[HTML] Status for RDF/XHTML

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:37:37 -0500
To: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

The status of the RDF/XHTML TF is about to be discussed, and I should
have sent out these documents earlier. Please note that we are
currently focusing on the complete serialization of RDF within XHTML,
but there are other solutions (e.g. GRDDL) that are less dependent on
the HTML WG and that we will include in a future WD.

The latest RDF/A proposal from the HTML WG:
http://www.formsplayer.com/notes/rdf-a.html

The first discussion we had about it on 10/22:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Oct/
0024.html

The second and latest discussion we had on 10/29:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Oct/
0056.html

Jeremy's latest suggestions for simplification of RDF/A:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Nov/
0001.html

The basic message we are about to send the HTML WG:
"We find RDF/A to be a big step forward and encourage the HTML WG to
use it in place of the 22 July MetaInformation module. Our forthcoming
detailed comments and suggestions on RDF/A are intended to perfect this
work in fulfilling the long-standing needs of the RDF deployment
community to embed semantic web data within HTML documents."

-Ben