ALL: Introduction: Aditya Kalyanpur

From: Aditya A Kalyanpur <adityak@wam.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:19:04 -0500 (EST)
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Hi All,

   I missed the first tech plenary and so thought I'd introduce myself to
the rest of the group.

   I'm a PhD CS student at the University of Maryland, working in the
MINDSWAP [1] research group headed by Dr. Jim Hendler. My initial research
focused mainly on building tools for the Semantic Web such as editors
(SMORE/SWOOP), scrapers (RDFWS), visualizers (SVG-OWL), linkers (OntoLink)
etc. Currently, I'm looking at more in-depth issues in ontology
engineering such as:

- reusing existing ontological information (concept-search etc)
- guiding non-expert users in building ontologies effectively (and
quickly)
- making ontologies useful for software application developers (OWL to
Java mappings..)

  I'd be interested in working on any one of the 'demos and
applications'/'ontology patterns'/'tools' TFs once I get a better
understanding of what each entails.

Thanks,
Aditya

[1] http://owl.mindswap.org