Re: ALL: agenda 18 March telecon

Guus Schreiber wrote:

> AGENDA  Teleconference
> W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
> 18 March 2004,
> 1000 (East US), 0700 (West US). 1500 (UTC/London) midnight (Tokyo)
> Duration: 60-90 min
>
> Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 7927#
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
>
> Chair: Guus Schreiber
> Scribe: Jeremy Carroll
>

> 1. ADMINISTRIVIA (10 min)
>
> Role call
> Regrets: Marco Nanni,
>
> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Cannes kickoff ftf:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004JanMar/0067.html

this says it includes a list of participants but i do not see that i was
attending (via telecon).

> Agenda amendments
>
> Proposed date for next telecon.
> 1 April 1500 UTC

Due to inability to attend Thursdays at 7am pacific time, proposed
alternating telecons so that no one time zone is consistently penalized.

also, official regrets in advance for any thursday 7am pacific time zone
thursday morning meetings for the upcoming months through at least june.

> 2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (5min)
>
> ACTION: danbri send msg to public-esw-thes letting them know BDP WG is
> considering work in thes2rdf area
>
> ACTION DanB: investigate publication of Turtle as SWIG note
>
> ACTION ChrisW present his time ontology in the next telecon
>
> ACTION GuusS asking JimH whether he's wanting to coordinate "Worldview
> Note" TF
> DONE
>
> ACTION JJC: send to the WG list an example of using www-archive (and
> perhaps
> some relevant advice)
> DONE
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004JanMar/0034.html
>
> ACTION RalphS: add attachment policies to list archive cover page
> W3C Guidelines for Email Attachment Formats
> http://www.w3.org/2002/03/email_attachment_formats.html
>

> ACTION Guus: forward some tips for scribes (from Dan to webont)
> DONE: Ralph added link to WG home page
>
> ACTION DanBri: ask SemWeb CG about constraints and advice re WD, Note,
> etc.
>
> ACTION: Bernard to draft a message to be sent from this WG to ISO
> Topic Maps
> community for discussion at an upcoming teleconference [6]
> DONE
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004JanMar/0052.html
>

> 3  TASK FORCES

General question - is task force work expected to be done interactively
through email/wikis etc with essentially readouts of the work at the
group telecon?  and are telecons outside of the main group telecon
anticipated regularly?
 I think working through wikis could be useful although i do not know if
w3c provides any infrastructure for that.
if the main work of this group is through task forces and those are
coordinated by the task force leaders with readouts at the telecons,
that may help with the time zone problems.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Associate Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory