[OPEN] new member invitations

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:30:24 -0500
To: Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>, pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.org>
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org, public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
Alan, Pat,

At the f2f, we formed a task force within the working group called
"Ontology Patterns and Engineering" (OPEN) which will focus on publishing
ontology design patterns and general "meta ontological" (for lack of a
better term) design principles (the notion of a "backbone taxonomy" for
example).  Current members are Deborah McGuinness, Aldo Gangemi, Oscar
Corcho, and Mike Uschold.  And me.

We agreed at the f2f to TRY and put [OPEN] in the subject line for task
force communication, and members will be expected to write and review some
patterns/design principles.

I think you two would be very good additions to the group.  I'm not sure
there is any formal membership process for task forces (Guus - is
there???), but I suppose it would be useful for us to know who considers
themselves to be participants - so please let us know if you'll join.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA

Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/