Re: [OEP] "Classes as values" first draft

Fabien

Longer response in preparation

Fabien Gandon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Alan Rector wrote:
> > What we can say is
> >     LionImage rdf:type  (Image and restriction(someValuesFrom dc:subject
> > someValuesFrom Lion))
> >
> > Actually 'Image' is irrelevant as a resource can be a type of two
> > things, so assuming we already know that
> >
> >     LionImage rdf:type Image,
>
> Sorry, you lost me here. I am not sur I understand what you want to say.
> I was expecting "LionImage rdfs:subClassOf Image"
> Since my understanding was that we were defining the class of the images
> of a lion and this class is not an image itself, only its instances are.

Problem in notation./labelling.  I was meant "LionImage" to indicate the actual image resource in Natasha's drawings.
I should have called it something like "ThisImageOfALion" rdf:type (Image and restriction(someValuesFrom xxx:subject
someValuesFrom Lion))".

Or given it a proper URI to make the intention clear.

Alan

--
Alan L Rector
Professor of Medical Informatics