RE: philosophy of SWBPD (was Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question)

Mike - sometimes your responses make it clear to me that our use of
the English langauge is defintiely through different ontologies...
  Your paper may well have been accepted (as were many other at last
year's conference) if you'd used a non-web ontology langauge -- it
wasn't accepted because you used D+O (as evidenced by the many
rejected papers that did as well) -- but what is of interest to the
RESEARCH community is highly different than the mission of a W3C
Working Group that is aimed at "Semantic Web Best Practices and
Deployment"
  In fact, I would point to the following in the charter (a document
that I sometimes wonder if everyone in the WG has read)

   Research topics are out of scope.
   (section 1.2.2 discussing the role of what is not the OEP group)

  Thus, the fact that you got the work you discuss below into ISWC is
therefore prima facie evidence that we should be careful about
considering it relevant to the work of this WG/TF
  -JH