Re: [Fwd: consensus and ownership]

This idea of meaning being based in consensus also appears in the work by
Quine that I mentioned the other week [1].

A possible difference in position would be that you talk about the meaning
of a URI, where Quine's analysis suggest that it's not the individual terms
but complete statements that have meaning.  (I think that's a point that
Pat has been trying to press, too.)

#g
--

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sw-meaning/2003Oct/0035.html