RE: Proposed issue: What does using an URI require of me and my s oftware?

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:36:13 -0500
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: public-sw-meaning@w3.org

[Graham Klyne:]
>At 12:48 03/10/03 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>>Rather than quarrel over the meaning of words that have no exact
>>meaning (like "meaning" for a start) or that some of us think have
>>exact meanings but others think are meaningless (like "resource"),
>>why don't we try to get a bit more precise about why we feel that
>>something - ANYTHING - needs to be said about this issue.  If
>>nobody can point to anything that is likely to break if we say
>>nothing, then the best thing to do is to agree to say nothing.  And
>>if they can, then at least we will have some example scenarios to
>>help us focus discussion.
>
>A past point of contention has been the role of rdfs:comment in RDF.
>
>Does it convey any kind of "meaning", or none at all?

That's exactly the kind of question I would prefer that we try to
avoid. The only good answer is, yes and no.  But I'd refer to respond
with another question: why does it matter what the answer is?

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell