From: Leonard Rosenthol [mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:48 AM
To: Sairus Patel <sppatel@adobe.com>; Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com>
Cc: public-svgopentype@w3.org
Subject: Re: transform attribute in <svg> element allowed?

Sorry, but saying “do whatever you want and hope it works” is NOT how to build a standard.   You need to be very clear and direct with normative language that states what the file should contain and how the consumer (UA in this case) should behave.  that’s a standard.  What you are suggesting is the wild west.

The current language you have is the right language and FireFox can either choose to get in line or not…

Leonard