Re: Media Queries in SVG-in-OT

On a somewhat related note, is there any directives in the OT Spec when both SVG and  CBDT/ CBLC tables are present about which is prefered to which, and whether such directives should or should not be in the OT spec? There used to be a time when B/W bitmaps (EBDT/ EBLC) are preferably used, but lately modern rendering prefers to ignore embedded bitmaps. I mention this because rasters inside SVG is essentially the same as providing CBDT/ CBLC tables . Doing true MQ and hinting for SVG is somewhat different from raster in SVG though.