From: Behdad Esfahbod [mailto:behdad.esfahbod@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Behdad Esfahbod
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:25 PM
To: Levantovsky, Vladimir; Sairus Patel; mpeg-OTspec@yahoogroups.com; Cameron McCormack; Chris Lilley; public-svgopentype@w3.org
Subject: Re: [OpenType] Re: [mpeg-OTspec] SVGZ in SVG+OpenType

As promised, here's the proposed addition to the SVG_in_OpenType spec.  Under
2.2.3 SVG Document Index Entry, before the last paragraph ("For further details about the content of the SVG documents..."), add:

"""
While SVG 1.1 requires [0] that conforming SVG implementations must correctly support gzip-encoded [RFC1952] and deflate-encoded [RFC1951] data streams, this specification requires that conforming SVG implementations must correctly support plain-text and gzip-encoded [RFC1952] data streams only.  In any case, svgDocLength encodes the length of the encoded data, not the decoded document.
"""

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html#ConformingSVGViewers

Cheers,
behdad