Re: [OpenType] Update on color/animation in OT via SVG; new W3C Community Group

From: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:26:09 -0800
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Sairus Patel <sppatel@adobe.com>, "public-svgopentype@w3.org" <public-svgopentype@w3.org>
On 11/26/11 7:12 AM, "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

>To me, worrying about how text rendered with a particular SVG glyph
>composites into whereever it is being used seems out of scope for this
>specification.

Yes and no.

I agree that in general it probably should not be relevant (in scope) -
HOWEVER, we've already run across at least some discussion points where it
becomes important (such as rendering outside of the "bounding box").  So I
think we're going to have to touch on it, at least as it impacts the use
of the technology - even if we don't necessary specify implementation.

Leonard