Document Interface

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:15:38 -0500
To: "W3C SVG Working Group" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "Erik Dahlstrom" <ed@opera.com>

I am looking at the Document Object discussion which started around roughly
here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2013Mar/0021.html

There has been pushback on including in activeElement in DOM4 by Anne. Anne
would like us to use the HTML5 Document Object. We have to run in a
stand-alone environment absent of HTML. Mozilla said they run a separate
Document Object with a reduced set of features from the HTML5 Document
Object but that more feature from the HTML5 Document Object was moving into
the DocumentObject.

>From Dirk: "WebKit does not differ between Document from DOM and partial
Document from HTML. SVGDocument just inherits of "HTMLDocument".
Independent if it is standalone." ... "A cleaner solution seems to be to
move the necessary methods and attributes to DOM and let all XML languages
use it. MathML would be another candidate where it could make sense."

His post is here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2013Mar/0029.html

We need to reach consensus on how to proceed. Erik, please include this
topic in the next meeting agenda.

Best Regards,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger