Re: SVG and Digital Publishing (Fwd: SVG2 <-> IDPF liaison)

Hi all,

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:53:52 -0400
Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> There is a digital publishing (eBooks) workshop planned for June 4 in
> Tokyo.
>
> Unfortunately, this ovelaps the SVG WG f2f, but it was the only
> available date available that didn't overlap the CSS WG f2f.  (Both the
> SVG and CSS f2fs are at Mozilla Japan's Roppongi Office,right?)
>
> The W3C Digital Publishing Team and the Japanese stakeholders (Rakuten,
> Sony, NTT, KDDI, etc.) think it would be really useful and appreciated
> to have a joint session with the SVG WG.

I had a meeting with some of IDPF Advanced Hybrid Layouts WG members
including Murata-san last week and found that there are several focused
SVG technical topics which is worth discussing in this particular occasion.

I agree it would be useful to setup a short joint session in eBooks
Workshop on June 4.

Assuming the SVG WG is difficult to allocate much time on June 4, we can
still have a joint session on June 3 since several AHL WG members are
willing to visit SVG WG to discuss SVG related issues on EPUB. Does this
sound acceptable?

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>