Re: New Diffusion Curves solver

Hi Rik,

Le 11/13/2012 6:12 PM, Rik Cabanier a écrit :
> The example look very much like they could be done with gradient meshes.
>
> Is there a need to add this feature to SVG? If so, could it be implemented on top of mesh gradients?
Diffusion curves can represent images similar to the ones you can do
with gradient meshes but with a more compact representation and
mesh-free, easier to animate or to script (see the examples at the
bottom of this page
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/freeform/) .
Diffusion curves images can also do more than gradient meshes, for
instance smooth interpolation (no Mach banding effect on the mesh grid).

> Are diffusion curves strokes or fills? The examples are curved lines but use 'fill'
The curves are the input, used to diffuse colors inbetween curves. So
it's neither a fill nor a stroke. I think one should see a group of
diffusion curves as a paint server.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato