group isolation and filters

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:26:02 -0700
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
All,

do people believe that filters should cause groups to be isolated?

I've attached an example how this affects rendering. The example is a group that contains a blue and a green rectangle that is on top of a red rectangle.
The green rectangle has a blend mode attached to it.
In the last graphic, the group has a filter effect applied to it.

My question is: what would you expect the result to be?

Rik

Untitled-1.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Untitled-1.jpg)