Re: id's in the SVG2 spec

One of the things we will need to add in SVG2 is tabindex for keyboard
navigation so that we can have a consistent keyboard navigation model
between HTML and SVG. In HTML all elements with the body that are visible
support a tabindex.

Drawing objects, like paths, will need to be keyboard accessible and be
able to support ids, such as in this example:

http://kelvinlawrence.net/svg/animate-spin.html

When we enable content with ARIA we need to be able to reference
interactive elements by IDREF to support ARIA relationships. I this example
we could have an HTML form control that controls the spin rate of the arrow
(aria-controls relationship) or we could have a text label in SVG that
labels it (aria-labelledby). Both would have ARIA relations ships where the
ID would need to be on the path and one would need to be on the SVG text.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger