Re: About the July meeting

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 11:26:38 +1000
To: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Cyril Concolato:
> This is to let you know that, with regards to the July meeting, Alan
> Stearns (Adobe) and I tried to connect our videoconferencing equipments
> this week to see if they were compatible. We had a problem to connect to
> the equipment at Adobe (Alan is looking at the problem) so we couldn't
> make a full test. We were able to connect a desktop client in Seattle
> and our equipment in Paris, so at least we tested that there is no
> networking (firewall or restrction) problem. Since our equipment are of
> the same brand, I'm confident that this will work eventually.

Thanks for the update, Cyril, that sounds great.  I'll set up the form
for people to register.

> So on my side, it's ok to hold the meeting in Paris. I've booked a
> videoconferencing room for the dates of the meeting (23-25/7). Could the
> group confirm this form of meeting? Could we agree on time slots? Could
> you let me know how many people will attend in Paris?

Let's resolve on the exact times in next week's telcon.  I think the
suggestion from Chris was:

   Seattle  7am - 3pm
   Paris    3pm - 11pm

I think those times work:

Seattle		Paris		Slot
07:00 - 08:30	15:00 - 16:30	Session 1
08:30 - 08:45	16:30 - 16:45	Break
08:45 - 10:30	16:45 - 18:30	Session 2
10:30 - 10:45	18:30 - 18:45	Break
10:45 - 12:00	18:45 - 20:00	Session 3
12:00 - 13:15	20:00 - 21:15	Lunch/Dinner
13:15 - 15:00	21:15 - 23:00	Session 4

That's the same total session times as we had in Hamburg, but with 15
minutes extra for lunch/dinner.