Re: SVG WG agenda for the TPAC F2F

From: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:34:11 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr>
CC: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
From: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com<mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:52:16 -0700
To: Tavmjong Bah <tavmjong@free.fr<mailto:tavmjong@free.fr>>
Cc: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com<mailto:ed@opera.com>>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-svg-wg@w3.org>" <public-svg-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-svg-wg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: SVG WG agenda for the TPAC F2F

3. Add Typographic conventions section?

  Pick better colors!!  Yellow on green = yuck!

The CSSWG recently revamped its spec conventions based on the input of
one of our members who is a fairly skilled designer.  It's undergoing
a trial run in several currently-edited specs like

I find it pretty attractive, personally.  We could take the same or a
similar design for SVG specs.

I have started an experiment with Ben Schwartz to improve the legibility of specs. and we have a prototype in place:

This does not have all of Ben's input yet, but I thought I would share the progress on this proposal. Ben has done great work in the Whatwg: