Re: Hi from new member

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:55:26 -0400
To: "Gaurav Jain." <gajain@adobe.com>
CC: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi, Gaurav-

Welcome!

Gaurav Jain. wrote (on 5/3/11 10:21 AM):

> I am Gaurav Jain from Adobe Systems. I have been working for Adobe for 5
> years now. I have been briefly involved with products like Acrobat,
> InDesign and for most part worked on Illustrator.
>
> In Illustrator I worked on areas like Color Management, Transformations,
> Smart Guides and Perspective Drawing to name a few.

Sounds like great experience for some stuff we're tackling for SVG 2 and
the modules.

> I have been involved with SVG and worked on the HTML5 pack for
> Illustrator, that included some SVG enhancements in Illustrator as well
> as the CSS generation.

Were you responsible for adding the Parameters support?  I was very
excited by that, and want to see it move forward.

> I am very interested in solving the issues people face for designing
> content for multiple devices, and how designers can bring
> never-seen-before experience to users with open web technologies.
>
> Looking forward to work with the group.

Sounds like this will be a good area of focus.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs