Introduction

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:21:52 -0700
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Heya everyone, I'm Tab Atkins, and I just joined the SVGWG.

If you don't know me, I've been a very active member of the CSSWG for
several years, and also participate in other WGs like Fonts and HTML.
My background is web design (or rather, writing the pages that other
people designed), though I now work for Google on the Chrome team as a
spec hacker.

I decided to request a seat in this WG because I've gradually become
more and more invested in the work that SVG is doing, as SVG has
gotten integrated into HTML and started merging concepts with CSS.
I'm particularly interested in places where SVG and CSS intersect or
*want* to intersect (like filters, animations, gradients, compositing,
etc.), though I'm also generally interested in providing an "author's
perspective" on feature design, to help guard against the ever-present
risk of making things too complicated or wordy for normal authors to
comprehend (this happens in *all* WGs - not a dig at this one).

I've already met several of you at one or another W3C meeting, and I
hope to meet the rest of you soon!

~TJ