Re: text-align-07-t pass criteria

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:04:41 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: public-svg-wg@w3.org
On Thursday, December 9, 2010, 9:17:28 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Could someone confirm for me that the reference image for
CM> text-align-07-t is correct?

CM> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObjectMiniApproved/text-align-07-t.html

>>From the pass criteria it sounds like, for example, all of the
CM> Devanagari characters should be hanging from the pink line.

Pink line? The hanging baseline is green.

Current text
"The dominant baseline should be alphabetic, so the 'a' will be sitting on the blue line, the Japanese character '犜' will be on the ideographic baseline and 'ण' is a Devangari character and will use the hanging baseline. The smaller versions of the characters should be aligned to the same baselines. So the 'a's on the blue line, the Japanese characters slightly below the line and the Devangari characters should be hanging from the hanging baseline. "

Suggested text
"The dominant baseline should be alphabetic, so the 'a' will be sitting on the blue line, the Japanese character '犜' will be on the ideographic baseline and 'ण' is a Devangari character and will hang from the green hanging baseline. The smaller versions of the characters should be aligned to the same baselines. So the 'a's on the blue line, the Japanese characters slightly below the line and the Devangari characters should be hanging from the hanging baseline. "