animate-elem-77-t issue

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:05:19 +1300
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
While going through the test suite today, I find that animate-elem-77-t
fails in Firefox.  If you run it, you’ll notice that the text-anchor
animations aren’t lining up with the grey silhouette on the right.  This
is due to whitespace in the markup, and text-anchor treating that
whitespace as part of the text to align.  Would someone be able to quote
the spec to state how this is justified?  I couldn’t from a brief look
at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/text.html#WhiteSpace.

If it is not justified, then I’m happy to edit the test to remove the
whitespace from those subtests to avoid the problem.

Thanks,

Cameron