case sensitivity of units in presentation attributes

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:56:33 +1300
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
I am looking at types-basic-02-f.svg where one of the sub-tests checks
that an attribute like stroke-width="20PX" has no effect, because the
unit is in uppercase.  Compare this with style="stroke-width: 20PX",
which would work.

I am wondering if there really is any value in enforcing this.  It’s not
like we will ever introduce units distinguished only by case.  It seems
that for consistency with specifying CSS properties in style sheets that
we should just allow these to be case insensitive.

What do you all think?